BluEnt is a global CAD drafting company and serves AEC fortune clients including architects, contractors, builders, disaster management, restoration, reprographics & manufacturing companies. We are currently seeking a Senior Estimator, Part time job.
The Estimator will review project plans and specifications, prepare quantity takeoffs and price all aspects of the project by quantifying and analyzing construction documents. Able to estimate overhead components, complete unit pricing across multiple trade disciplines. Typical projects would include Single family and Multi-family residential projects.
Duties and Job Functions
- Review project plans, construction documents and specifications, and understand material to bid.
- Perform quantity take-offs from Architectural and Engineering plans
- Interpreting drawings and specifications of all disciplines, including Architectural, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, sprinkler, Structural and Civil.
- Interpreting differences in design from one project to another that will affect budget estimates
- Manage estimates of quantities and costs for residential products produced within 2D & 3D drafted CAD plans.
- Use MS Excel, On-Screen Takeoff or Planswift software to aid in the estimating process.
- Organize the construction estimate in a number of formats, CSI, by Costcode etc.
- To Check and verify all completed estimates.
- Provide QC oversight to ensure quality in Estimating deliverables.
- Use knowledge of construction scheduling and sequencing as needed.
- Accumulate, evaluate, and document historical cost data, current trends, and construction procedures and methods in order to keep current with estimating standards and databases.
Desired Technical Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management/Engineering, Civil/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Quantitative Surveying, or Architecture is highly preferred. A combination of education and work experience will also be considered in lieu of degree.
- Minimum 5+ years of estimating, cost management, and/or project management experience.
- Must possess an understanding of residential construction materials and estimating processes.
- An understanding of the essential job functions and responsibilities of an Estimator.
- Good organization skills, interpersonal skills, computer skills, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, as this role requires working on 3-4 projects simultaneously.
- Experience with estimating softwares is must.
- On Screen Takeoff Software is a plus. (PlanSwift)
- 1 to 2 Experience with Revit & AutoCAD software is preferred.
If you are interested to join our global team, please email your resume at email@example.com or call us: +1 647 478 5230.